Friday, March 25, 2011

Art for my Altered Book Club

This is a necklace that I made for a my friend, Linda in my Altered book club. We have a lottery where we do something for one of the members and they choose the theme. Linda's theme was butterflies. The butterfly in this necklace is a Shrinky Dink charm. It is not ink jet Shrinky Dinks - just the regular Shrinky Dinks. I stamped with Staz-on ink. I tried coloring the butterfly and did not like it and decided to leave it as is and let the beads supply the color. The beads are wire wrapped. I didn't wrap them. They came that way from Big Lots! I just put them on split rings. I think it turned out great and Linda really liked it.






















This is an altered book page that I made for Charlotte in our altered book club. This is a tip-in page that will be put into her book with heart shaped brads. It is sticky backed canvas.
The sticky side was up and I put old music sheets that were torn on the sticky side and left some spaces. Then I put white tissue over that and added Royal Coat mat finish which is like Mod Podge that you can buy at Walmart. I put sticky back canvas into my printer to add the quotes and I sewed around the hearts. I also used Royal Coat to add music paper to the back of the canvas and add more quotes.














6 comments:

Joanne Huffman said...

The necklace is delightful - love the delicacy of the butterfly and I always like wire wrapping. Your music pages are rich in imagery, color and composition.

Yvonne said...

Thanks for visiting my blog. I have looked at a lot of your posts and enjoy them all. The necklace is lovely and I know your friend will love it. Off to read more of your blog. :)

Threads of Inspiration said...

Very nice journal pages and what a fun necklace. I've only tried shrinky dink a few times but I can see it has a lot of fun uses. Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Nancy said...

Lovely journal pages :)

SewPaperPaint said...

Beautiful necklace, Nancy!

Silvia(Barnie) said...

Wonderful pages.