Saturday, September 9, 2017

Mix It Monthly Native American Challenge

Mix It Monthly is having a challenge to draw or paint a Native American scene with gray tones and collaged elements. This appealed to me to do a Native American Face because I love to do different faces and I did try to keep to the gray tones in my drawing and my collage element is the Native American blanket over her shoulders. After she was finished, I thought that she looked like she was praying and this verse keep coming to my mind for her. I hope that you enjoy seeing her.
Pia Rom who usually does the challenge over on Mix It Monthly has been chosen to do Paint Your Heart and Soul here. Check it out if you'd like to take a course. It will have 24 artist involved.

4 comments:

sirkkis said...

Brilliant take on the theme. Love how you made gray color inclusion.
Have a great upcoming week 💕

PiaRom said...

Oh dear Nancy, I could sware I had made a comment here...teesssessess...had crazy internet because I visit France and had to look where to find and use a good prepaid card...but tonight it seems to work out finally, wohoo! Will see....I have to say I love your lil native women! She look so wise and strong! What a wonderful piece and yes she is in peace! And oh of course I love that you share my link and wish you lots of luck to win your seat! ♥ Conny http://mix-it-monthly.blogspot.de

Lorraine said...

love words and sketch

Rika said...

Great take on the challenge!