Saturday, October 25, 2008

altered book pages for November

This is my altered book page for November.
A friend's art program at our last altered book club was doing potato stamps. The hearts and stars in the background were done there as part of our potato stamp project.
The turquoise and pink were added to the project as I was playing around with colors at home.
I thought the hearts needed a love theme and I found this quote which says, "The supreme happiness of life is the conviction that we are loved - loved for ourselves, or rather loved in spite of ourselves." ~Victor Hugo.
I found the lovey couple in the pocket on the left in my artwork stash and the ribbon and flower on the right was a RAK from a friend.
I sewed the pocket page on the side and bottow with some yarn that was in my stash.

2 comments:

Anneke said...

this is realy wonderful
such lovely colors aswell.

vintage wil said...

beautiful book page.