Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Caribbean altered book and ATC for Local Altered Book club













Above is an altered book that I just completed for our local altered book club. I was inspired by the holey paper that I purchased at Random arts. Here is their website:
Their Holey paper is vintage paper from the textile mills.
I tore out a page from the book so that I could make it holey and put these caribbean fish from an old children's encyclopedia under it. I also stamped circles on the page and embossed them with the white diamonds embossing powder that I also purchased there. So you can't see it too well with the picture but it sparkles just like water does. The bottom page has a blue metallic paint and the page that I tore out and then glued back on top has turquoise mettalic paint on it. The map is from the same old children's encyclopedia. The tag is in the pocket of the book. It is a chipboard tag and that is the back and front of it.
I did a page on the fish under the Caribbean waters because that is my favorite thing to do when I visited the Caribbean and I thought that the circles reminded me of the view that you have through your snorkle mask.
The ATC is a swap that we are doing in our AB club with ATCs that fold up. She has a watercolor paper background that has been done with green inks. She is hand watercolored except for her dress which was printed on leaf paper and her wings are sparkly with Stickles.
I have missed doing an ATC for TMTA this Monday because I have had no internet service for 3 days but I will be checking out all of their ATCs this week. Their theme is fruit this week.

3 comments:

Robin said...

Love your AB pages and what a great way to use that holey paper from RA!

Diann said...

Nancy, I love the way you used the holey paper from RA in your AB....great use of it! All I can think about is that I was with you when you bought it...brings back great memories of a fun ART retreat! I also love your ATC! Diann

Jann said...

Fantastic, Nancy! I love what you did--the blue background is soooo pretty, and I love the images!