Tuesday, November 24, 2009

charms and stickey note holder


It is so nice to finally have some time to create art. I did my very first charms for a Valentine charm swap that my art group, AAWA (An Affair with Art) is doing. The little heart is stamped with a script stamp (although it is now lost after shrinking), colored with alchol inks and die cut. The heart is shrink plastic.
And I also did a stickey note holder book for a Thanksgiving lottery for my art group. The pumpkin is a magazine picture that I have been saving. I absolutely love this picture although it is a well worn picture. The saying was made very real to me when our church packed over 1400 boxes of Love for people that would have otherwise not have had a Thanksgiving meal. We also helped to give out these boxes and my heart went out to one lady in particular. She came to get her box and ran out of gas and had no money for more gas. We did get her back on the road with more gas and I will certainly be thinking of her and praying for her and opening my heart to others more because God has blessed me so much this Thanksgiving.

3 comments:

Diann said...

Your charms turned out fantastic!!
I'm getting excited about this swap! The story you shared was also touching. Diann

Brenda said...

Loving the charm...perfect!

Robin said...

Great looking charm!