Monday, August 5, 2013

We All Shine On - Mix It Monthly Challenge

Over on the Mix It Monthly Challenge blog HERE they have a new challenge up that I wanted to join in on. She has challenged us to do flower, the colors violet, red, yellow and yellow-green along with an inspiration from a vintage piece of jewelry.
Here is my vintage piece of jewelry which is not a great scan but I'm sure you can tell pretty much what it looks like. It is a piece of costume jewelry from my sweet Mother-in-law who is a giver. She is always giving everyone something.
Here is my piece of art in one of my art journals. I hope you can tell that the centers of the flowers were inspired by the vintage piece of jewelry. I knew I want to write a quote of something with the word "shine" or "shiny" in it. I also did the centers of the flowers with Stickles to make them shiny.
Then on the way to work this morning I heard this song on my favorite oldies station. I did not realize until I got home that it is a John Lennon song. Perfect - I love the Beatles and that is what my hubby of 43 years and I loved when we were dating.  The Zentangles seemed perfect for this Lennon song too. If you'd like to listen to it you can go Here and hear it on You Tube.  Warning though, it might just get stuck in your head like it's in mine.
I know my sweet Mother-in-Law who is 89 years old will shine on in many peoples' lives even after she is gone. I know for sure that she will shine on as a perfect example in my life!
 
 

6 comments:

PiaRom said...

Who on Earth d'you think you are?
A superstar?
Well, right you are !! You rock!! Such an wonderful piece and it shines on really...like you ♥....I hear John singing his incredible song and of course it will stick in my ear for day...thank you so much ♥♥♥ and of course also for making this piece for Mix It Monthly

xox
Conny

Unknown said...

Really lovely Dxx

Joanne Huffman said...

Perfect quote for a perfect interpretation of your challenge. And, what a nice introduction to your mother-in-law.

sheila 77 said...

This is just lovely, and I like the way you have used the challenge colours.

Paper rainbow said...

This is a lovely piece, your use of that yellow green is gorgeous.

Lorraine said...

Lovely flowers hope the day is shining for you