Thursday, March 15, 2012

Drawing and Watercoloring just for the fun of it

My dear friend, Bren gave me her book that she used several years ago to learn to draw. I am reading the book and have gathered my supplies. It seems like I never have the time to just enjoy doing some art. So last night I was just itching to get started so I found a drawing that I liked of a frog and got started. This is a postcard for a friend that always makes me laugh so I wanted my drawing to be lighthearted. I was also influnced to do some watercolors after watching the Strathmore art workshop videos. My drawing is a long way from perfect but I am just starting out without any formal training and just starting to read Bren's book so I was very pleased with it. I hope my friend, Kathy enjoys it.
Here is the original drawing in a book of the frog.

And here is my watercolor drawing.

1 comment: