Monday, December 2, 2013

A Tassel for my online Art group swap




My online art group AAWA (An Affair With Art) is doing a tassel swap. Jeri wanted us to do fibers, chain,lace and beads. I did use a metal thimble that I put copper embossing powders on. I was unsure if I wanted to use it or not but could not find a large bead cap in copper so I did decide to use it. I also used a bead that one of the members of AAWA gave to me as a little giftie.  I have been saving it for something special and could not think of anything better to use it on. I found the elephants at Big Lots and thought that they would make a good last minute addition to the tassel. I wove ribbon into my chains. I used the darker jewel tones that Jeri wanted us to use. I hope Yooper likes it!

7 comments:

Joanne Huffman said...

A great looking tassle.

Netty said...

gorgeous, Annette x

Kathryn Zbrzezny said...

Gorgeous tassel! I love color and textures...thank you for visiting, too! ~kath

Unknown said...

How beautiful!!! Wow!

libbyquilter said...

love the elephants and the transformed thimble~!!

:-)
libbyQ

PiaRom said...

OMG this is sooooo gorgeous!!! How I love the elephants and the bright bold colors of all the ribbons! Very special and beautiful! Hope you have had a wonderful Christmas and wish you all the best for the new year to come ♥ Conny
Piaroms Art Journaling

AM Zafaran said...

Lovely tassel!